|1||Cup||couscous (One package of couscous (flavored) is recommeneded)|
|1||Can||garbanzo beans (Drained)|
|1||Pound||chicken tenderloins (Cubed)|
|1||Can||water chestnuts (Drained)|
A great recipe that is easy to put together... serves two hungry people or 3-4 people that aren't ravenous :)
- First, mince, slice, and cube necessary ingredients as recipe calls for. (Celery- about 3 large stalks, Carrots- about 3 large sticks, Chicken- cube, Clove Garlic- mince, Lemon- squeeze, Onion- mince/slice)
- In large skillet or wok, over medium high heat, add olive oil and let heat.
- Add cubed chicken and cook, sprinkling with desired toppings (I usually sprinkle with pepper and garlic salt).
- When chicken is cooked, set aside.
- Turn down burner to med-low heat and add minced garlic, onions. Saute.
- Add celery, carrots, mushrooms and continue to saute.
- When vegetables are soft/cooked, add garbanzo beans (chick peas), water chestnuts, lemon juice, 1 cup couscous (or 1 package, I like to use Pine Nut flavor or Mushroom Herb flavor), and water.
- Stir well and add chicken. Stir and cover for about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. If food begins to stick to bottom, turn down heat.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
This recipe is basically a stir-fry and feel free to make it your own.
-I have added peppers, tomatoes, oregano, and it all taste great. Experiment.
- Vegetarian? No problem- remove the chicken and try adding another form of bean or tofu!
- Served great with hummus as an appetizer with veggies/bread.
-Taste well when paired with a cold, red wine.
A great recipe that is easy to put together.